E-Safety Guidance for Parents
Using the internet, mobile phones and games consoles are now an every-day part of young people's lives. However, there are risks for children and you as parents need to know how to protect your children effectively.
We have created this page to give you some tips on how you can keep your children safe, as well as provide you with some informative websites for you to find out more information.
Castleford Park Junior Academy Computing Department's Top Tips for Parents:
- Communicate with your child about their online habits.
- If your children have Facebook, insist they add you as a friend.
- Have up to date anti-virus protection.
- Setup parental controls on your Internet Service Provider (ISP; your ISP will be able to give more information about how to do this).
- Make sure you are familiar with the www.thinkuknow.co.uk website.
- Always seek advice if unsure.
Mrs L. Miller and Mrs L. Sanpher lead Computing in our school.